The Honorable Grace G Connolly
was elected as the Register Of Wills For Baltimore County in 1998. Grace is the 18th Register and the first woman to serve.|
Prior to this position, she was elected to the Baltimore County Orphans' Court, where she served from 1986 thru 1998. In 1990, she became Chief Judge.
A graduate of the Institute Of Notre Dame, Grace also holds a degree in nursing from Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. An avid student of probate law, Judge Connolly has received many continuing legal education credits from both the Maryland Institute For Continuing Professional Education Of Lawyers and the National College Of Probate Judges. She has lectured on Estates and Trusts at most area colleges and many civic organizations.
Judge Connolly is on boards of many civic and professional organizations. Offices currently held include Ex Officio President of the Maryland Register of Wills Association and Chairman of the Executive Committee. She is Past President of the Orphans' Court Association of Maryland and Past President of the Safety First Club Of Maryland. Judge Connolly was elected by her peers from across the country and served as President of the National College Of Probate Judges.
Read The Daily Record article from Dec. 21, 2004
Recognized for her outstanding achievements, in 2005 Grace was named one of 'Maryland's Top 100 Women'.
Visit the MARYLAND'S TOP 100 WOMEN web site
Accomplishments To Date Include:
- Register of Wills for Baltimore County: since 1998
- Chief Judge, Baltimore County Orphans' Court: 1990 - 1998
- Associate Judge, Baltimore County Orphans' Court: 1986 - 1990
- Board of Trustees, Nursing Foundation of Maryland: since 2013
- Maryland Bar Association - Access To Justice Commission: since 2010
- Appointed to The Commission On Law & Aging by the American Bar Association: 2010 - 2012
- President, Maryland Register of Wills Association: 2007 - 2010
- Chairman, Maryland Register of Wills Association Executive Committee: 2007 - 2010
- Member, Maryland Register of Wills Association Executive Committee: since 2002
- Vice President, Maryland Register of Wills Association: 2004 - 2007
- Chairman, Maryland Register of Wills Association Legislative Committee: 2002 - 2004
- Board Member, St. Thomas Moore Society: since 2009
- Named one of Maryland's Top 100 Women: 2005
- President, National College of Probate Judges: 2005 (President-elect 2004)
- President, Safety First Club of Maryland: 2000 - 2002
- Vice President, Professional Club of Greater Baltimore: 2002
- Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention: 2000
- President, Maryland Orphans' Court Association: 1996 - 1997
- Board of Trustees, Institute of Notre Dame: 1994 - 1997
- Democratic National Committeewoman: 1980 - 1986
- Treasurer, Maryland Democratic Party: 1979 - 1980
- Member, Baltimore County Democratic Central Committee: 1978 - 1986
- Secretary, Democratic State Central Committee: 1978 - 1979
- Registered Nurse, Mercy Medical Center: 1975 - 1993