The Honorable Phyllis A. Superior was elected in November 2018 as Register of Wills for St. Mary’s County and took the oath of office on December 3, 2018.
- She began her career in the Office of the Register of Wills as a Deputy Register of Wills in May 2003. In October 2006, she was promoted to PC Administrator. In December, 2010 she was appointed Chief Deputy.
- Prior to her employment with the Register of Wills, she was employed as a Paralegal for a local law firm.
- Phyllis has an Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies from the Charles County Community College. She has taken continuing education courses in probate and estate administration and Management and Human Resources.
- Phyllis is a member of the Maryland Register of Wills Association, the St. Mary’s County Historical Society, Friends of Historic St. Mary’s City and Historic Sotterley Foundation.
- Phyllis is a lifelong resident of St. Mary’s County. She currently resides in Mechanicsville, with her husband of 22 years and their son.
"It is my desire to serve the community as their Register of Wills with empathy, understanding, and professionalism. My staff and I will be there to serve in a courteous and efficient manner, as those in the community are faced with a very difficult time...the loss of a loved one."