The Honorable Keith B. Ward, a lifelong resident of Somerset County, was elected in November 2014 as the Register of Wills. Keith resides in Crisfield with his wife Courtney and son Kash. He is the son of Bill and Argene Ward of Crisfield and brother of the late Glenn Ward.
Keith graduated from Crisfield High School and worked as a commercial waterman until being hired by the Wicomico County Sheriff's Department. He graduated from the Eastern Shore Criminal Justice Academy and then served the Sheriff's Office in Road Patrol, Civil Division and the Narcotics Task Force. After 6 years with the department, Deputy First Class Ward chose to leave to devote more time to his growing business. Keith owned and operated a commercial/charter fishing and island transportation business (Prime Time Fishing Inc.) since 1996. Ward managed the day to day operation including personnel, marketing and maintenance along with government and corporate contracts.
Keith is a member of the Register of Wills Association and has completed continuing legal education courses in Estates and Trusts, Estate Oddities and the Process of Probate.
- Member of Asbury Church - Former Finance Committee member
- Member of Crisfield Fire Department - Past President and Line Officer
- Member and past Engineer of Lower Somerset Ambulance Squad
- Commission Board Member for Somers Cove Marina
- Past President of the Somerset County Charter Boat Association
- Member of Elks Lodge #1044
- Member of Sons of the American Legion Squad #16
- Member of Chesapeake Lodge #147 A.F. & A.M.
" I am grateful for the opportunity that the citizens of Somerset County have given me. I look forward to serving the county, along with my staff, in a compassionate and understanding way."