The Honorable Terri Westcott was sworn into office as the Register of Wills for Worcester County on December 1, 2018.
Terri grew up in Worcester County. She graduated in 1982 from Stephen Decatur High School and started working at the law office of Harry S. Groton, Jr., P.A. where she gained experience in the area of estates and trusts. After 14 years at the law firm, Terri was hired by the Hon. Charlotte K. Cathell, where she served as the Chief Deputy Register of Wills for over 18 years. Upon the retirement of the Hon. Charlotte K. Cathell, Terri ran for the Register of Wills position and was elected on November 7, 2018.
She is married to Tom Westcott, a teacher for 42 years at Worcester Preparatory School in Berlin, Maryland. They have 2 dogs, love the outdoors, whether it is biking, hiking or gardening.
Present and Past Work and Civic Activities:
- Member of the Maryland Register of Wills Association
- Serves on the Maryland Register of Wills Technical Committee
- Vice President of the Worcester County Library Foundation
- Member of The Friends of the Worcester County Commission for Women
- Serves on the Board of Directors for Worcester County GOLD (Giving other lives dignity), Inc.
“I considered it a privilege and honor to serve the citizens of Worcester County and the State of Maryland. My staff and I are committed to serving the public with understanding, compassion and professionalism”